Selecting Interesting Dissertation Topics About Victorian Literature
There are many different eras when it comes to literature. In fact, not only are there different eras, there are different languages that the literature may be based on. For example, you may be looking at English literature, French literature, German literature, or any other kind of literature.
Due to the fact that Victorian literature relates to the time in which Queen Victoria governed England, when studying Victorian literature, you will most likely be looking at English literature.
Victorian literature was a fascinating time in the history of English literature, and included various writers, such as Rudyard Kipling, Charles Dickens, HG Wells, and many others. These writers, as well as many others, produced literature in a wide variety of different categories, including various novels of different genres, poetry, and much more. As a result, you are almost spoilt for choice when it comes to thinking of a good topic for a dissertation based on Victorian literature.
Narrowing down a title
Due to the wide range of topics that you will have available, it can be difficult to select the most interesting topic that you think you can write about. In order to help you narrow down a good title for your essay, it can be a good idea to apply various brainstorming techniques. For example, you may wish to make a list of any ideas that you can think of over the space of 10 to 15 minutes. Alternatively, you can create spider diagrams and other visual techniques which can help to inspire further ideas.
Another great way of narrowing down a title is to look at past papers in order to see what other people have written about before. Not only can this give you a great deal of inspiration, it can also help you to see which topics you may not like to write about.
For some further ideas, take a look at the list below:
- An analysis of the different styles used in Victorian literature
- The use of science and philosophy in Victorian literature
- A comparison of British and American authors in the Victorian era
- What influenced the Industrial Revolution have on Victorian literature?
- An in-depth study into the life and works of Rudyard Kipling
- Was H.G. Wells a visionary?
- The origins of the genres of fantastic literature in the Victorian era
- An analysis of the use of supernatural characters in Victorian literature
- How did the Victorians reclaim mediaeval literature?
- An in-depth study of children’s literature during the Victorian era